Join Pack A Fork! and discover Tuscany through the Chianti Classico region to Florence. Experience the history, rich culture, architecture, food and wine of this region. Immerse yourself by meeting locals, taking in the panoramic landscapes and hilltop towns and tasting Chianti’s superb wines, classic dishes and artisan foods. Enjoy periods of free time to take walks, relax at the villa, shop or go out with your group. If you’ve always wanted to go to Tuscany, this is a heavenly trip!
Group size: Solo or small group
- Breathe in the peace and tranquility of a country villa in Greve that is also a working vineyard and olive oil mill; taste their Chianti wines and olive oils.
- Enjoy ample free time for meals, a glass of wine, appertivos and good conversaton on the outdoor patio of the villa surrounded by rolling vineyards and olive trees; enjoy the outdoor pool with vistas to the countryside.
- Visit the Tuscan towns of Greve, Montefioralle, Panzano, Radda, San Gimignano, Siena and San Miniato
- Tour select Chianti Classico wineries: walk the vineyards, see their cellars, learn their winemaking practices and taste their wines.
- Watch the grapes being gathered, pressed and bottled (harvest season/fall tours).
- Hunt for the truffles with a truffle hunter and his dog in the forest outside San Miniato; learn about the legends, history and kinds of truffles grown in the region from a 3rd generation truffle hunter. Enjoy lunch in his home.
- Participate in a hands-on Tuscan cooking class in San Gimignano and learn to prepare classic dishes.
- Visit local artisans at local marketplaces & stores; taste Tuscan olive oils, balsamic vinegars, meats, cheeses, honey, saffron, artisan breads & more.
- Take an E-bike tour through the Chianti vineyards ending at a historic castle with a cellar tour and lunch
- Take a guided walking tour in Siena including a visit to its beautiful Gothic cathedral & duomo and learn about Siena’s rich history.
- Visit a cashmere goat farm in Radda and see the owner’s handicrafts made from cashmere goat fibers.
- Enjoy a meal at the restaurant of the ‘the famous butcher of Panzano’, Dario Ceccini, (featured on The Food Network).
- Take walks/hikes from the villa through the vineyards during free time. Walk into Greve from the villa that is close to town.
- Spend four days in Florence; take a guided walking tour of Florence with a visit to main sites including the cathedral & duomo of Florence
- Tour the Accademia Gallery in Florence; see Michelangelo’s David + other major works of art
- Take a guided tour of the Pitti Palance & Bobli Gardens
- Have free time to visit more museums on your own, shop at Mercato Centrale, dine and discover Florence on your own
- Enjoy a farewell dinner at a well-loved restaurant in Florence
- 11 nights accommodations (6 in Greve & 5 nights in Florence)
- Serive of local guides/driver for 11 days
- Daily breakfast served in the villa/hotel
- Gourmet meals in restaurants, winery estate restaurants & cafes (per Daily Itinerary)
- Private coach or car transportation; taxi in Florence, as needed
- Wine tastings, food pairings and winery tours
- Truffle hunt
- Tuscan hands-on cooking class in San Gimignano
- Guided e-bike tour
- Admission fees to sites & museums
- Free time built in to the itinerary to relax or go out on your own
- Third meal
- Gratuities for guide/driver
- Travel insurance
PRICE: Based on dates of travel and size of the group. Ask us for details and pricing.
FLORENCE & CHIANTI IN TUSCANY | HELPFUL LINKS: